Editor recommendations for new users.

Ecstatic Coder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 27 13:57:43 PDT 2017

> I only use vim, including the GUI version when I was on Windows
> a couple years ago, but I recently saw this blog post that
> suggests Sublime would be a good choice for noobs, who might be
> overwhelmed by vim's learning curve and want a more GUI-like
> experience:
>
> https://medium.freecodecamp.org/why-i-still-use-vim-67afd76b4db6

I've already tried Sublime Text, and I agree that it's much more
user-friendly than Vim.

But Geany is quite close to Sublime Text.

And it's 100% free and open source, really cross-platform, easy
to download and install (14mb for the windows installer), while
using very little resources and being very complete and
user-friendly.

If you need a simple D IDE with all batteries included, I still
think that CoEdit may be the best option, for the same reasons...