Please review these pull requests (DMD #7097 & Phobos #5704)

Michael V. Franklin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 27 21:03:56 PDT 2017

On Monday, 28 August 2017 at 00:21:00 UTC, Michael V. Franklin
wrote:
> These pull request were submitted a few days ago, but appear to
> have gone unnoticed.
>
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/7097
> https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/5704
>
> I'm assuming that is because neither currently passes the test
> suite.

Based on some advise I received in IRC, I've broken the fix into
a series of 3 pull request that should be green with each step.
That is:

Step 1 should already be green.
After Step 1 is pulled, Step 2 should become green.
After Step 2 is pulled, Step 3 should become green.

Step 1: https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/5709 - Deletes an
incorrect Phobos unittest that is preventing Step 2 from passing
its test suite.
Step 2: https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/7097 - The actual fix
for issue 11246
Step 3: https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/5704 - Repairs the
unittest that was deleted in Step 1 so it properly tests for
correct behavior.

Hopefully it won't be such a leap of faith to pull Step 1 given
that it appears to be testing positive for incorrect behavior.

Thanks,
Mike