Editor recommendations for new users.

user1234 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 27 23:03:12 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 27 August 2017 at 12:14:18 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
> If it's to learn D programming, then I strongly advice CoEdit
> (despite I think that Geany's automatic brace insertion and
> copy paste features work MUCH better).

For learning D but also if you program **only** in D. When the
syntax is not D there's a generic highlighter (1 color for the
identifiers and 1 other for the ascii symbols), so if you
practive other PL alot, an editor + plugin migh fit better. In my
case i'd probably use Geany as well not being fan of the other
trands. THough i'm satisifed with Coedit.