C++ / Why Iterators Got It All Wrong

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 29 06:34:33 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 29 August 2017 at 13:23:50 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:

> Interesting. It reminds me a bit of cursors for dcollections.
> In there, a cursor is a 0 or 1 element range. The one element
> range points at an element, the 0 element range points at a
> border. You can use cursors to compose ranges.
>
> https://github.com/schveiguy/dcollections

I was thinking this exact same thing when I got to the Element
part of it.

The mach library also makes use of cursors.
https://github.com/pineapplemachine/mach.d

I'm not entirely sure how if I grok how the Border thing they are
talking about works.