Editor recommendations for new users.

Anonymouse via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 30 04:28:35 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 27 August 2017 at 12:11:14 UTC, Petar Kirov
[ZombineDev] wrote:
> vim or SublimeText

I want to get into vim. It has to be vim, can't be Neovim or gvim
or any other clone; I'm doing it for a Linux class. I'm on Arch
Linux (or Manjaro), so I have plenty available from the official
repos and plenty more from the user AUR repos.

The wiki page on vim[1] lists several plugins which I assume are
mutually exclusive. DSnips[2] was very easy to install by just
installing UltiSnips and placing d.snippets in its appropriate
place, but it seems to only provide, as the name suggests,
boilerplate snippets. Dutyl[3] seems much more interesting but
also more daunting, considering that my vim knowledge so far
largely consists of :wq and :q!.

Are those the two alternatives available to me?

[1]: https://wiki.dlang.org/D_in_Vim
[2]: https://github.com/kiith-sa/DSnips
[3]: https://github.com/idanarye/vim-dutyl