Thoughts about D

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Dec 4 01:29:48 UTC 2017

On 12/3/2017 5:01 PM, Michael V. Franklin wrote:
> Would it help for me to file bugzilla issues for things like this?

No, because "why does the compiler do xxx" isn't really a bug report. You could
ask on the learn n.g., or use obj2asm to examine the generated code. You can
also grep the druntime source for what _d_dso_registry does.

> The reason I
> haven't thus far, is that this is just a symptom of a larger issue.  It needs a
> development strategy to be solved holistically.

Having a new process isn't going to do much, because at some point someone has
to put in work. It's the doing work that produces results.