@ctfeonly

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 7 01:21:11 UTC 2017

I'd like to add an attribute to indicate that the annotated
function is only available at compile time so that in cases where
the operation is invalid at runtime (strings and concatenation on
a GPU for instance) but the result is only used at compile time
(for a mixin) the compiler is free to not codegen that function.

I can add this to LDC pretty easily, but does anyone else have a
use for this (e.g. shrinking binary sizes for mixin heavy
codebases) and would benefit having this as a standard thing?