@ctfeonly

ketmar ketmar at ketmar.no-ip.org
Thu Dec 7 03:55:54 UTC 2017

ketmar wrote:

> Nicholas Wilson wrote:
>
>> Also not generating the code in the first place means less I/O for the
>> compiler and less work for the linker.
> this is solvable without any additional flags, tho: compiler should just
> skip codegen phase for any function that is not referenced by another
> compiled function (except for library case).

p.s.: actually, dmd already creates .a files suitable for smartlinking
(otherwise any binary would include the whole libphobos2.a ;-). but for
"dmd mycode.d" dmd doesn't do this ('cause it is quite compilcated for
non-library case). the whole issue prolly can be solved by "generate smart
object files for linking" flag (which will create .a files for everything,
so linker can do it's smart work).