Adding Markdown to Ddoc

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 15:55:55 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 at 04:11:33 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> https://help.github.com/articles/basic-writing-and-formatting-syntax/

I think you'll find it is easier said than done to get sane
output given existing ddoc pages.

My adrdox does some of this special syntax and to maintain
compatibility with Phobos, I had to do some recursive action
inside macros and ddoc sections to keep the generated html from
being totally bogus.

Of course, if you're willing to do some cleanup work on the
Phobos source code, this can be greatly simplified too (indeed,
for adrdox, i did fork some of it, but keeping it up to date was
actually harder as a fork than just adding another hack to my
parser, so i went that way too).

https://help.github.com/articles/basic-writing-and-formatting-syntax/#paragraphs-and-line-breaks

this rule in particular takes quite a bit to make sane with ddoc
hybrid stuff!

PS of course yall could also just surrender to me and use my
superior system. I'm not actually a fan of markdown syntax though
so i don't quite follow it and do other custom extensions which
has rustled some feathers in the past.