Post about comparing C, C++ and D performance with a real world project

Daniel Kozak kozzi11 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 18:26:56 UTC 2017

This is not about write the best D code. It is about similar code to
perform same. However when I looked at the D code it is not good port of
C/C++. He made many mistakes which make it slower than C/C++ counterpart.
One example is read_one_line function:
C++: https://github.com/jpakkane/pkg-config/blob/cpp/parse.cpp#L60
D: https://github.com/jpakkane/pkg-config/blob/d/parse.d#L57