bootable vibed

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Dec 8 15:06:48 UTC 2017

On 2017-12-08 08:54, Suliman wrote:
> I found very interesting project https://github.com/hioa-cs/IncludeOS
>
> But by description it's target to C++ "IncludeOS is an includable,
> minimal unikernel operating system for C++ services running in the cloud".
>
> I think that would be a lot of people interesting to get same for D and
> vibed.

Yeah, that would be interesting. I've looked into the IncludeOS project
myself to see if I could use it together with D, but it turns out that
it uses C++ lambdas for basically everything, which D currently does not
support.

Perhaps it's possible to implement a struct in the same way as the C++
compiler is doing and implement lambdas in D. Then it might be possible
to implement vibe.d on top of IncludeOS.

--
/Jacob Carlborg