Adding Markdown to Ddoc

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Dec 8 17:11:31 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 02:13:28AM -0800, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 12/8/2017 1:48 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
[...]
> > * Using emoji
>
> The problem with these is where are the images stored? So no.

Unicode contains emoji blocks, which are increasingly commonly used
nowadays.

But I agree that we should NOT include emoji in Ddoc markdown.  Why
would anyone want to use emoji in code documentation anyway?  Besides,
if they *really* want to, they could just insert the actual Unicode
character into the documentation text and be done with it.  No need for
special syntax just for that.  Hooray for built-in Unicode support in D!

They say that "guns don't kill people, people kill people." Well I think the gun helps. If you just stood there and yelled BANG, I don't think you'd kill too many people. -- Eddie Izzard, Dressed to Kill