Adding Markdown to Ddoc

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Dec 9 01:34:31 UTC 2017

On 12/8/2017 3:10 AM, Seb wrote:
> On Friday, 8 December 2017 at 10:13:28 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 12/8/2017 1:48 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>> * Using emoji
>>
>> The problem with these is where are the images stored? So no.
>
> Someone thought it's a great idea, to include them into Unicode:
>
> https://unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html

Thanks for the link, I didn't know that browsers supported them yet.

If you want to use them, just use the existing syntax to do it:

     \u25B6   right arrow

D already has support for lots of named entities:

     https://dlang.org/spec/entity.html

There doesn't seem much point in adding a third method of naming entities.
Besides, you can always create a macro to name them anything you please:

     RIGHTARROW=\u25B6

and use it:

     $(RIGHTARROW)