Post about comparing C, C++ and D performance with a real world project

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 9 18:25:49 UTC 2017

On 12/9/17 12:11 PM, unleashy wrote:
> On Saturday, 9 December 2017 at 14:00:16 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> Yes, it would be nice to have a "If you do this in C, here's how you
>> do it in D" guide. It could be part of the tour, for sure. Just tag it
>> intermediate.
>
> What about this? https://dlang.org/ctod.html

Haven't read that before, and while it's a nice primer, it's focused
mostly on the language, not the library (and kind of is a "look what D
does better than C" post).

However, stuff like i/o, networking, string manipulation, etc would be
useful.

In fact, a "recipe" guide keyed on what you want to accomplish would be
cool. Maybe it already exists :)

I'm ashamed to admit I bought Adam Ruppe's book "D Cookbook" when he
announced it at dconf 2014, but still haven't read it yet...

-Steve