Adding Markdown to Ddoc

David Gileadi gileadisNOSPM at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 21:05:04 UTC 2017

On 12/8/17 6:49 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/8/2017 7:30 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> Otherwise it will be confusing and very hard to remember which
>> features are supported with Markdown syntax and which are not.
>
> This is way overstating the case. Ddoc already supports some markdown,
> and some markdown in different ways.

For instance, as I've been working on adding Markdown features I was
surprised to discover that DDoc's current support for backtick-delimited
code only works within a single line. Most implementations I've seen
allow it to span hard-wrapped lines, as long as it's within a single
paragraph.

I'd like to support as many Markdown features as we can, but there will
always be a some differences--particularly those that conflict with
existing DDoc features.