Adding Markdown to Ddoc

meppl mephisto at nordhoff-online.de
Tue Dec 12 10:22:24 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 12 December 2017 at 06:55:45 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 05, 2017 20:11:33 Walter Bright via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> https://help.github.com/articles/basic-writing-and-formatting-syntax/
>>
>> Anyone interested in picking up the flag?
>>
>> (I know this has come up before, and I've been opposed to it,
>> but I've
>> changed my mind.)
>
> I confess that looking over that page, I don't see much reason
> to add any of it to ddoc. It all seems like stuff that we can
> already trivially do in ddoc, and most (all?) of it is stuff
> that already has built-in macros. What are we really trying to
> gain here?

1) I avoid writing something like $(I foo) into a comment.
Because other people may actually read my source code and not
just read a generated documentation from a source code. So, I
would prefer writing *foo* or _foo_. After all that's the point
of markdown: Pure text _looks_ like intended and enables
html-generation at the same time.

2) If someone learns the D programming language, I think it would
be advantageous, if that person could just write down the already
known markdown grammar