Is it possible to request a code review?

IM 3di at gm.com
Thu Dec 14 17:21:42 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 14 December 2017 at 07:47:58 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 12/13/2017 07:57 PM, IM wrote:
>
> >      - Is this the idiomatic way to define a singleton in D?:
> >
> https://gitlab.com/3d_immortal/libdtasks/blob/master/src/tasks/TaskSystem.d#L24.
>
> > I got this from Ali's book.
>
> I think you got it from Adam D. Ruppe's book.

Ooops, sorry, I thought I got it from your book because I've been
reading in it recently. But no, I didn't get it from Adam D.
Ruppe's book. Turned out that I actually got it from the
initOnce() example in the docs here:
https://dlang.org/library/std/concurrency/init_once.html

> David Simcha's DConf 2013 presentation has Low-Lock Singleton
> Pattern at 28 minute mark here:
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMNMV9JlkcQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1675
>
> Ali

Thanks for the pointer. I'll check it out!