Deploying D web servers

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Mon Dec 18 05:40:10 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 17 December 2017 at 17:06:32 UTC, cloutiy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the Javascript world there are services that provide a quick
> and simple means of deploying websites.
>
> I've used things like surge.sh, netlify. I'm sure there are
> many others.
>
> Is there something similar that exists for the D world?
>
> Regards

If you use static linking, you can just rsync/scp your binary to
your server.
No 5GB checkout of node_modules (with >1000 cat pics) required.

If you like an automatic pipeline, you could have a look at the
heroku-buildpack-d [1].
Guide: https://tour.dlang.org/tour/en/vibed/deploy-on-heroku
In action:
- https://github.com/dlang-bots/dlang-bot