Maybe D is right about GC after all !

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 20 18:28:20 UTC 2017

On 12/20/2017 01:14 AM, Paulo Pinto wrote:

 > from developers that learned it before C++98 and
 > can't care less what is being discussed on Reddit and HN.

I don't blame them one bit because keeping up with C++ and learning C++
Core Guidelines is a tremendous task:

https://github.com/isocpp/CppCoreGuidelines/blob/master/CppCoreGuidelines.md

I keep starting writing replies here about C++ Core Guidelines but I
delete them after counting to ten. Not this time... :)

I think it's a psychological phenomenon worthy of scientific interest
how a craft with so many guidelines can still be accepted. I am baffled
how otherwise wonderful and smart people can direct others to that
document with a straight face, let alone market it as one of the
greatest gifts to C++ programmers (cf. CppCon 2015 keynotes by Herb
Sutter and Bjarne Stroustrup.)

Ali