lld status

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 23:11:57 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 21 December 2017 at 18:40:54 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> I only became aware today about https://lld.llvm.org, llvm's
> own linker. I wonder how that changes distribution dynamics for
> us - I heard ldc already uses its embedded variant for linking
> programs (on Widows? Posix? 32bit? 64bit?). Can we distribute
> it as an alternative to optlink? Thanks! -- Andrei

I tried lld on Linux for D binaries and some of them crash. That
might not mean anything on Windows, but given that I've run into
2 dmd bugs so far in which picking one of ld.bfd or ld.gold
produced crashing binaries, I'd be wary of using lld on Windows
until it's thoroughly tested on dozens of executables.

Atila