Answers needed from those using D for Web Development, Web APIs and Services

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 04:01:56 UTC 2017

On Friday, 15 December 2017 at 08:13:25 UTC, aberba wrote:
> 0. Since when did you or company start using D in this area?

I used D for web in 2009 until about 2013 for work, and then
changed jobs and didn't get back into using D until this year.

> 1. Do you use a framework? Which one?

my own web.d

> 2. Why that approach and what would have done otherwise?

Libraries suck. I avoid them unless they are ubiquitous. Using
traditional cgi meant it could go with a well-tested production
server.

> 3. Which task exactly do you use D to accomplish?

everything server-side, json apis as well as html pages/form
handling/websockets.

> 4. Which (dub) packages do you use and for what purpose?

none

> 5. How do you host your software code (cloud platforms,  vps,
> PaaS, docker,  Openshift, kubernetes, etc)?

on a linux server.

> 6. What are some constraints and problems in using D for such
> tasks?

Nothing serious. Compile time got a little slow (~14 seconds at
one point) but some refactoring improved it.

> 7. What solutions do you recommend?

keep it simple to get work done.