Answers needed from those using D for Web Development, Web APIs and Services

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri Dec 22 18:21:04 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-12-22 at 09:42 -0800, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[…]
> that are a pain to manage. Yes I know dub does it "automatically",
> but
> the problem with dub is that it tries to do too much -- it wants to
> be a
> build system in addition to being a packaging system. The former is
> OK,
> I guess, even though I really wish it was more configurable in terms
> of
> how it manages local repository caches. But as a build system, I'm
> sorry
> to say that dub sucks. Or at least, its docs suck, 'cos I can't
> figure
> out how to make it do what I want. After struggling with it for about
> week or two, I threw in the towel and went back to SCons.  Nowadays I
> only use dub for updating vibe.d via a dummy blank project.

[…]

Just to reiterate, SCons D support now has a ProgramAllAtOnce builder
for those that want to use Unit-Threaded in their D codebases using
SCons.

Also I have the beginnings of a Dub SCons tool for using Dub as a
package manager in a SCons build.

Currently it does what I need, so until there are users requesting
extensions and bug fixes it is "job done", though I may try to get
enough tests to go for a pull request of the currently separate tool
into the SCons distribution.

https://github.com/russel/SCons_D_Experiment

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200