Maybe D is right about GC after all !

Dylan Graham dylan.graham2000 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 01:12:53 UTC 2017

On Friday, 22 December 2017 at 18:59:34 UTC, John Gabriele wrote:
> I'm new to D. Coming primarily from Python these days, I'm
> looking at D not as a better C++ (haven't used that in many
> years), but as a better Python.

I'm quite similar. New to D (been using it for a month now). I
see it as a better C#. The GC is great to have. Even better is
the fact that D makes it easy to bypass it where necessary and
the language gives me more control over my program if I need.

I wish D would stop bending over backwards to appease C/C++
programmers. I think D would have more success branding itself as
a general purpose language and letting itself become the language
it should be, not the language some C++ programmer wants but is
never going to use anyway.