Maybe D is right about GC after all !

bachmeier no at spam.net
Sun Dec 24 12:23:11 UTC 2017

On Friday, 22 December 2017 at 18:59:34 UTC, John Gabriele wrote:
> I'm new to D. Coming primarily from Python these days, I'm
> looking at D not as a better C++ (haven't used that in many
> years), but as a better Python.

If the world views D as a better [insert programming language]
the marketing battle has been lost. We need the world to view D
as a convenient way to do [insert some task]. It doesn't even
have to be the "best" way to do it, just a convenient way.

Claiming to be a better version of some other language is worse
than no marketing at all. D's "we're a better C++" version of
marketing is the reason I avoided the language for years. You
have to like C++ a lot to want an even better version of C++, and
that definitely doesn't describe me, and given C++'s reputation,
I'm probably not alone.