Maybe D is right about GC after all !

Tony tonytdominguez at aol.com
Sun Dec 24 22:21:28 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 24 December 2017 at 22:04:00 UTC, Dan Partelly wrote:

> 1995. A dark year. Two of the crappiest language ever devised
> by man arrived. Both gained traction. Java, through marketing.
> PhP though tribalism.

What makes Java a "crappy" language?

I think PHP's success is due to its ability to integrate HTML
statements. Also, it was often the only option back in the day
from cheap web hosting services. And it seemed like on those
cheap web hosts, when offered, Python and Perl were accessed via
CGI, while PHP used via an Apache module which I think gave it a
speed/resource utilization advantage.