Maybe D is right about GC after all !

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Dec 27 10:13:40 UTC 2017

On 12/27/2017 1:38 AM, Dan Partelly wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 December 2017 at 07:44:30 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> A fair amount of D's design is based on psychology.
> Please elaborate. Which parts ? Where the results you got the projected ones, or
> disappointments ?

Builtin unittests and Ddoc, for example. There's a big psychological advantage
to having them built in rather than requiring an external tool. The closeness to
C syntax is no accident, for another.

I've been in the compiler biz since the early 80s, working with customers, doing
tech support. That results in experience in what works for people and what
doesn't, even if it is not scientific or better from a CS point of view.