D as a betterC a game changer ?

codephantom me at noyb.com
Wed Dec 27 12:46:20 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 27 December 2017 at 10:10:03 UTC, Pawn wrote:

> It's been expressed that there are now too many codebases such
> that introducing "breaking changes" would upset many people and
> companies. D is a mature language, not a young one.

To that.. I say...tuff ;-)

A breaking change between major version releases, should be
something users can accomodate. If they are not willing to
accomodate that, then fine, they can stay stuck on a working
version that works on their code.

But let that be a decision for them, rather than a decision they
force on everyone else.

D needs to be bold, and go where no one as has gone before... .. .

I just finished watching Walter's opening talk at D conf 2017,
and it seems that a lot of work has gone on to make D safe by
default, and yet, it is still not safe 'by default'.