Maybe D is right about GC after all !

Dan Partelly i at i.com
Wed Dec 27 16:53:16 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 27 December 2017 at 16:38:35 UTC, Laeeth Isharc
wrote:

>> A fair amount of D's design is based on psychology.
>
> I'd love to hear more about this sometime.

I never thought of this in the context of programming languages,
but behavior is strongly modulated genetically, epi-genetically,
and environmentally (this includes the social component).

Some of the forces modulating behaviors are terrifyingly
powerful. Psycho-social biases and social forces are prime among
those. So powerful they are that they can make individuals do
things without even realizing. Conformity, obedience , influence,
cognitive dissonance,  hundreds (Im not kidding) of social
biases, in group / out group politics , pride, fear.

No one is immune not even the smartest of us and most exact of
us. PhD to 8 classes only we are all influenced by those.
Powerfully.

So it's not really exactly something unexpected that success of a
programming language is powerfully modulated by this phenomena.
Everything is. Including how you vote, what is your opinion on
the right to bear weapon, on wars, on who is the friend and who
is the enemy and
what is moral or imoral.