D as a betterC a game changer ?

Dan Partelly i at i.com
Wed Dec 27 18:23:37 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 27 December 2017 at 16:46:18 UTC, Russel Winder
wrote:

> It is all about differentiation. Forget competing against C,
> C++, and
> Rust. D is the   C++ inspired language with GC that isn't Go.

So what I hear is: if D wants a future embrace one personality
only. Given current state of affairs, it should compete against
the like of Java, C# and Eiffel. Embrace GC and forget anything
like better C and competing against zero cost abstraction
languages. For this to happen D must focus all its energy on
implementation of a second to none GC.

This of course , has both sense and sensibility, but given that D
has been unable to commit to one personality in it's life-spawn,
how likely is to happen ?

Walter, what says you ? Where do you actually want to go with D ?
What you and D foundation wants, not Russel or I or whatever else
?