Maybe D is right about GC after all !

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Dec 27 22:36:08 UTC 2017

On 12/27/2017 8:57 AM, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> It's much better to have a monopoly of some niche or set of niches and to use
> energy from success to expand out from there, than to have a small market share
> of an enormous market.

Back in the 80's, Zortech made a killing because we had the only C++ compiler
that would generate 16 bit Windows code.

I found this out by asking the sales guys what feature of ZTC++ was closing the
deal - X, Y, Z, all the features I held dear. They'd say nope. Customers wanted
to use C++ for Win16, ZTC++ supported that, sold!

I learned a lot from that.