D as a betterC a game changer ?

Dan Partelly i at i.com
Thu Dec 28 02:21:09 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 28 December 2017 at 01:09:34 UTC, codephantom wrote:

> But honestly, the best way to learn about a programming
> language, is to start using it.

Sure ,  **if** you decide it worth to be learned. And honestly,
almost everybody knows that to get better at a task you must
perform the task itself.

> So I ask you...what have you written in D lately?

Small snippets. I believe is the best way to start with a new
language. Then you decide if you like it, and if it serves any
purpose for you. Adopting a new language for anything serious is
a big commitment.

My problem currently is that I have no freaking idea what niche D
serves, since as I said I perceive multiple personalities in it.
I like a lot in the language, but I do not like that I perceive
it as a indecisive language.

This is one of the reasons I asked Walter in this thread what is
the future of the language ?
Where does it to go ? No clear answer yet.