Maybe D is right about GC after all !

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Dec 28 10:55:53 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-12-27 at 16:44 +0000, Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d
wrote:

[…]
> That's like saying the way George Soros trades is not based on
> psychology because he doesn't refer to the literature in making
> and articulating his decision-making process.  Instead people
> write papers about how he thinks, because it's not yet in the
> literature!
>
> If published knowledge were what was most important or valuable
> then anyone intelligent with an interest in a subject would be
> part of a war of all against all, because how is it possible to
> have an edge?  But I don't think human expertise can be described
> in that manner.  Karl Polanyi's work is quite interesting:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacit_knowledge

I think you are missing the point, but to continue this here is to go
way off topic for this thread and indeed this email list, so maybe we
should start a thread elsewhere to continue this.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200