D needs to publicize its speed of compilation

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 13:22:13 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 28 December 2017 at 07:21:28 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 12/27/2017 1:23 PM, Atila Neves wrote:
>> However, my experience has been that D has fast builds from
>> scratch, but is really really slow for incremental builds.
> You can do fast incremental builds with D by not putting all
> the files on the command line. Just put one.

I don't build the compiler command-line myself, nor do I want to.
Even then, recompiling one file isn't useful to me, what is is to
recompile what's needed and run the tests. Emacs/flycheck already
highlights compilation errors in just one file.

Atila