D as a betterC a game changer ?

Dan Partelly i at i.com
Thu Dec 28 14:30:41 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 28 December 2017 at 11:56:24 UTC, Russel Winder
wrote:
> And is the way every programmer learns their non-first
> language. All newly learned programming languages are merged
> into a person's "head language" which is based on their first
> language but then evolves as new languages, especially of new
> computational mode, are learned.

One of the reasons I asked Walter to provide an insight into what
he wants D to become, why betterC, GC or lack-thereof dilemma ,
and future evolution is to minimize a bit the biases I have.

What I learned the most in the last days is what other people
than the creator of D think of D (valuable too), and that is hard
to get a straight answer from the people developing D language on
my predicament with seeing it with multiple personalities.

Also, no matter hope great D is, I practically live in a D-less
void. No one cares about it around me and no one I know cares to
learn it. This is another social aspect. As I learn it
and learn how the creator sees the language I could try to change
this in my immediate surrounding if it worth. It would be up to
me once I am convinced to seduce people I work with to consider
it and learning it.