What do you want to see for a mature DLang?

IM 3di at gm.com
Fri Dec 29 07:53:51 UTC 2017

I will start:

    -- Better compiler errors, better compiler errors, better
compiler errors.

I really wish that the compiler errors could receive some
refinement. Mostly it feels like some error text just being
thrown at me. It needs to be better formatted, more helpful, with
suggestions about how to fix (if possible).

To illustrate my point:

- See the compile errors I've just encountered with DMD:
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/H0q609l.png

- Now compare that with an error produced by rustc:
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/H0q6bLi.png

Simple things like these make a big difference. D Lang has been
around for a long while now, and hence signs of its maturity has
to show everywhere, especially in the compiler, as well as the
package manager.