What do you want to see for a mature DLang?

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Fri Dec 29 18:18:43 UTC 2017

On Friday, 29 December 2017 at 07:53:51 UTC, IM wrote:
>    -- Better compiler errors, better compiler errors, better
> compiler errors.

Very much so.

I actually made a list a day or two ago. Some of it is more
speculative than concrete, though:

* unicode categories to determine what can be an identifier
(there's no reason not to support, say, Canadian aboriginal
syllabaries; it would just be too much work to list out each
range of glyphs)
* concepts / compile-time interfaces (makes ranges easier to deal
with and document)
* @safe by default
* function parameters are const scope by default (I recall this
was a major request when const was first introduced)
* mixin templates (a template designed to be mixed in is likely
not to work if simply invoked; this also gets us most of what
people have been asking for with macros)
* possibly, block syntax for functions and templates whose last
parameter is a function or alias