What do you want to see for a mature DLang?

Muld 2 at 2.2
Sat Dec 30 14:36:11 UTC 2017

On Friday, 29 December 2017 at 23:27:38 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/29/2017 3:15 PM, Muld wrote:
>> Bugzilla is a huge mess tbh, creating a request in bugzilla
>> won't lead anywhere.
>
> Fixes for bugzilla issues are posted on github nearly every day.

This does not mean anything, just cause fixes for Bugzilla issues
are being fixed "nearly every day" is not part of the larger
problem. The people that are pushing fixes for those issues tend
to be the same people that are creating them. Sure I can create a
bugzilla issue, but unless I'm the one that creates a fix for it,
it probably won't be fixed unless it is a regression.

>> It's so bad honestly it'd probably be less work just to create
>> a new bugzilla and port any relevant entries from the current
>> one.
>
> It's not a big deal to create a duplicate of existing entries.
> As to bugzilla itself, despite its issues, it is far far far
> better and more organized than randomly looking in chat rooms,
> stack overflow, newsgroups, etc.

Living on Mars is far far better than trying to live on the
surface of the Sun. Just cause that's the case doesn't mean you
should stop looking for a place called Earth.