What do you want to see for a mature DLang?

Muld 2 at 2.2
Sat Dec 30 14:42:45 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 30 December 2017 at 06:55:13 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> It's not like we have a shortage of bugzilla issues and are
> wondering what to do next.

Yah there are a ton of Bugzilla issues, that's the problem. More
than half of them aren't "actionable" as you put it.

Here's the problem, look at something like Rust:

Pull requests? 95 open, it's about the same as Dlang, But if you
go to the last page...

https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pulls?page=4&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen

Look at that the oldest one is from October 15th, 20_17_.

Now we go to DMD...

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pulls?page=6&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen

Oldest one is from January 17, 20_13_.

In contrast this same problem exists for Bugzilla. You say it's
working cause it's better than using notepad or some other stupid
shit. Bugzilla isn't the issue, it's the fact the people
maintaining it aren't willing to commit to anything and leave
issues open that shouldn't be left open. That just results in
noise making it difficult to see what actual issues are. I'm not
even talking about duplicate entries as you seem to have have
misunderstood.