What do you want to see for a mature DLang?

codephantom me at noyb.com
Sun Dec 31 01:07:11 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 30 December 2017 at 16:36:57 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

> All open issues are actionable, and require some action.  They
> are not noise, and many issues whose fix requires a change in
> language specification or semantics are understandably left to
> the few who have the authoritative to make such final decisions
> on whether it should be accepted or rejected.
>
> Age of issue is not a big deal.  In fact I see it as a good
> sign that at least issues are left to breathe while we wait and
> understand the impact or urgency of it.  As opposed to jumping
> in and fixing issues immediately without taking due diligence
> on the wider picture it affects.

Is this a problem with triage?

i.e. like a hositpital emergency ward chaos rules, cause nobody
is on duty triaging.

How does a contributor prioritise their contribution to items in
bugzilla?

Or is it perhaps a tooling problem? (i.e. bugzilla lacks features
that are needed).

Or is it a problem with not having enough people on duty,
triaging?

Or is it a problem with just too many patients coming in?

Or .. ??