memcpy() comparison: C, Rust, and D

Paolo Invernizzi via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 2 01:26:07 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 1 February 2017 at 23:49:29 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 11:49:25PM +0000, Mike via
>
> We would love to change the defaults, but unfortunately that
> boat has already sailed a long time ago.  If we could do it all
> over again, I'm sure a lot of defaults would be the opposite of
> what they are today. But we can't reasonably change that now
> without massive breakage of current code.

My opinion is that the current situation is not that bad: it's
some sort of bottom-up approach.

Almost always, in a company, programmers are under time pressure
and rushing, so I bet that almost always they will add a @system:
on the top of the module.

Maybe not true, but It come in my mind the Java "throw Exception"
parade in function declaration....

/Paolo