How to write Good IDE?

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 2 07:04:10 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 1 February 2017 at 15:12:42 UTC, unDEFER wrote:
> And what important for you for Good IDE?

Speed. That's the only reason I use sublimetext 3 and not an IDE.

rant:

I abhor any kind of lag, input or otherwise. I used to play tons
of fighting games and character action games, and in them I was
trained to feel dropped frames, which cause you to have less time
to react to things on screen. Every time an IDE drops below 60
frames per second, I notice, and it feels like crap.

If it takes longer than two seconds for your app to open itself
or open a file, it's too slow. If the app ever drops below 60 fps
while I'm entering text or scrolling down a file, it sucks. If
your IDE freezes on files larger than 5 mb *cough* atom *cough*,
then it sucks.

end of rant