Request for conference talk

qznc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 3 04:08:44 PST 2017

On Thursday, 2 February 2017 at 21:09:38 UTC, Chris Engelbert
wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> we organize a conference (TopConf) this year for the first time
> in Dusseldorf, Germany. I would like to see if there are
> interested speakers to give a talk about D. The conference is
> hold in English and is not specific to a single programming
> language but will feature multiple different ones as well as
> some more soft-skill like sessions / tracks.
>
> I'm looking forward to see if there are interested people. The
> CFP page is available here:
> https://www.topconf.com/conference/duesseldorf-2017/callforpaper

I'm tempted and will think about it.

Topic idea one: Dust off my "Functional Programming in D" [0]
talk. However, it is tight in 40 minutes for an audience, which
probably does not know D at all.

Topic idea two: A more general talk about abstractions. Starting
from the basics (procedures) up to Design-by-Introspection
techniques which are quite D specific. In between stuff like the
"magic" D Lua bindings. This topic is probably interesting for
C++ and Java programmers as well. Other TopConf talks and thus
the audience seem to be quite mainstream.

[0] http://beza1e1.tuxen.de/articles/functional_D.html