The extent of trust in errors and error handling

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 3 23:09:16 PST 2017

On 02/01/2017 01:27 PM, Joakim wrote:
 > On Wednesday, 1 February 2017 at 19:25:07 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
 >> tl;dr - Seeking thoughts on trusting a system that allows "handling"
 >> errors.
 >>
 >> [...]
 >
 > Have you seen this long post from last year, where Joe Duffy laid out
 > what they did with Midori?
 >
 > http://joeduffyblog.com/2016/02/07/the-error-model/
 >
 > Some relevant stuff in there.

Thank you. Yes, very much related and very interesting!

Joe Duffy says "Midori [is] a system that "drew significant inspiration
from KeyKOS and its successors EROS and Coyotos." I'm happy to see that
KeyKOS is mentioned there as Norm Hardy, the main architect of KeyKOS,
is someone who is involved in the Mill CPU and whom I have the privilege
of knowing personally and seeing weekly. :)

Ali