code.dlang.org internal server error

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 8 06:11:48 PST 2017

Am 08.02.2017 um 14:29 schrieb singingbush:
> On Wednesday, 8 February 2017 at 12:54:00 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 8 February 2017 at 05:49:55 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>>> code.dlang.org gives the following error:
>>>
>>> 500 - Internal Server Error
>>>
>>> Internal Server Error
>>>
>>> Ali
>>
>> Seeing as code.dlang.org is pretty critical these days, it would be
>> great if there was a better way to handle this than "wait for Sönke to
>> notice it's down".
>
> I raised github issue in dub repo for this a while back:
> https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/995
>
> It'd be good to have multiple repos and be able to configure dub to use
> whichever the user wants to use as with tools like maven or gradle.
>
> For use in my workplace I'd want dub to try getting dependencies from
> our own internal dub repo which in turn could look to code.dlang.org for
> anything that wouldn't exist internally.

Yes, we need to prioritize this somehow. Having a fallback mirror,
coupled with dependency upgrade checks that run asynchronously would get
rid of these issues. It would be great if somebody could find the time
to tackle one or the other. I personally have an very limited time
budget for open source at the moment and I need to focus that on vibe.d
for a bit.

BTW, the server is running again (it ran out of disk space again and I
need to configure a proactive alert for that).