code.dlang.org internal server error

Daniel Kozák via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 9 04:19:12 PST 2017

V Thu, 9 Feb 2017 11:54:05 +0100
Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> napsáno:

> Am 09.02.2017 um 03:34 schrieb puming:
> >>
> >> Yes, we need to prioritize this somehow. Having a fallback mirror,
> >> coupled with dependency upgrade checks that run asynchronously
> >> would get rid of these issues. It would be great if somebody could
> >> find the time to tackle one or the other. I personally have an
> >> very limited time budget for open source at the moment and I need
> >> to focus that on vibe.d for a bit.
> >>
> >> BTW, the server is running again (it ran out of disk space again
> >> and I need to configure a proactive alert for that).
> >
> > I have a VPS slot in Hong Kong for personal use, with 1GB memory,
> > 30GB disk and 300GB monthly bandwidth. Is that OK for a mirror
> > site?
>
> That should work! Considering that connectivity from my VPS to China
> generally appears to be sub optimal, that would be good to have as an
> alternative anyway.
>
> We just need to implement a mirror mode, where user and package
> management is disabled and updates are pulled from code.dlang.org
> instead of from github directly.

In general issue is not with connectivity to China but with
GFW (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Firewall), So you would need
some VPS inside china, unfortunately AFAIK all VPS inside Hong Kong are
outside of GFW so it is still posible it would not help.

But in our company we have VPS inside GFW (for our chinese customers),
so maybe I could ask if they dont mind to provide it for dub
mirror purpose