syntax sugar: std.path::buildPath instead of from!"std.path".buildPath

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 15 06:35:40 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 15 February 2017 at 08:53:30 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> "The static if feature recently proposed for C++ [1, 2] is
> fundamentally flawed, and its adoption would be a disaster for
> the language"
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2013/n3613.pdf

I honestly feel bad for the C++ people here. Looks like someone
didn't explain the benefits/uses of static if very well.

It also looks like they failed to point to Phobos as an example
of great static if usage. I imagine many heads would explode
after seeing Andrei's `find` improvements with static if.