[OT] NNTP client and threading

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 18 13:37:38 PST 2017

Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> Even in the presence of "In-Reply-To", "References" is still useful
> when different parties see different Message-IDs (e.g. due to
> mailing-list gateways). That way, replies (except top-level replies)
> will still at least be nested in the right thread instead of
> appearing as a new thread.

ah, really, i forgot that msgid can be changed by some intermediary.
tnx.

i think that we should have an article on wiki for client writers. no,
really, some knowledge is here but never written, so people like me
have to figure it out each time. not that there are so many client
writers, of course, but... oh, ok, i guess that i'll write a short
summary on this later. ;-)