[OT] NNTP client and threading

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 18 14:11:05 PST 2017

Walter Bright wrote:
> On 2/18/2017 1:37 PM, ketmar wrote:
>> i think that we should have an article on wiki for client writers.
>> no, really,
>> some knowledge is here but never written, so people like me have to
>> figure it
>> out each time. not that there are so many client writers, of course,
>> but... oh,
>> ok, i guess that i'll write a short summary on this later. ;-)
> I'm curious about your client project. Can you post a link?

sure:

http://repo.or.cz/knntp.git
https://files.catbox.moe/wxga1k.png

it is really titled "dingo", not "knntp", but it is not possible to
rename repos on repo.or.cz. ;-)

but please note that it is not "pure D", i'm using my slightly modified
dmd/druntime/phobos fork. it is completely compatible with "vanilla",
but i am usually never "vanilizing" code that i'm not intending to
announce/present to other people. so you won't be able to build it out
of the box (yet required changes to "vanilize" it are minimal).

i added a screenshot, so you can make your eyes bleed without building
my code. ;-)

and i am now writing an email client, with the slightly modified dingo
engine as backend (and the same eye-bleeding frontend ;-).

it is also using Adam D. Ruppe's simpledisplay.d module to do all the
low-level gfx, and his email.d module to decode mime messages. and alot
of my own "iv" modules, of course.