The end of curl (in phobos)

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 18 15:00:59 PST 2017

On Saturday, 18 February 2017 at 22:48:53 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:
> Yes, Phobos is full of historical accidents and cruft. I'm
> constantly tempted to propose Phobos v2 properly _designed_
> (not *grown*) and without the junk. I really think it might be
> a good idea but only when we actually know what a proper design
> looks like.

You are not the only one!
Did you follow Ilya's proposal about a betterC modular standard
library?

http://forum.dlang.org/post/phexetutyelrssyrucvw@forum.dlang.org

Unfortunately it died because of the fear of "balkanizing the
community" with such a development...

(though I am not sure how it could be more "balkanized" as atm
everyone seems to grow their own home-made libraries)