CTFE Status 2

Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 18 18:46:18 PST 2017

On Sunday, 19 February 2017 at 01:52:07 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Saturday, 18 February 2017 at 22:40:44 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 16 February 2017 at 21:05:51 UTC, Stefan Koch
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Guys, due to the old CTFE status thread getting to page
>>> 30, I am now starting a new one.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Thank you for your continued work on this. I heavily rely on
>> D's CTFE functionality and I try to read all your updates on
>> it.
>
> Hello Moritz,
> D's ctfe functionality is almost complete.
> This thread is not about ctfe as it is currently implemented.
> I am working on/writing about a faster re-implementation of
> ctfe.
>
> When my work is finished nothing will change functionality
> wise, it will just be much more efficient.

Hello Stefan,
my apologies if I wasn't clear: I'm aware that this isn't about
adding anything new in terms of functionality, what I intended to
imply with "heavily rely on" was that I use enough of it for it
to be noticeable in compile time / memory consumption, which is
why I'm very happy about potential speedup and/or memory
consumption reduction in CTFE. One public example of that was
llvm-d <2.0.